Matt's impersonation of our refrigerator ... or the Incredible Hulk, take your pick. 
Posing at the footlocker ... the spot where I will want him to put his keys, coat, and wallet every day ... and the spot where he will inevitably NOT put them.
The pass thru to the dining room ... complete with Lucy staring at Matt. Apparently he's supposed to be doing something for her. 
Chilling at the nook ... This thing is supposed to open so that I can store stuff in them. I still don't understand how that is going to work ... but that was one of my specs for this area so they better "make it work" (when does Project Runway start up again ... anyone know?).

The view from the nook.
Detail of the crown molding. I was ANTI rope detail from the get-go, but Declan snuck it in there ... and I have to admit, I like it. Tuesday, May 27th - I don't know what they did but they were here for most of the day. This is also the day that the hunta virus that Matt and I contracted over the weekend started to effect us. Okay, it was really just a stomach virus, but God, I wanted to die. It hit Matt first thing in the morning. I wanted to do something for him, but I didn't know what to do, and he didn't know what to tell me. I didn't understand the blank stares he was giving me all day long. Then when the virus caught up to me at about 7pm, I understood that stare. It was the "Please kill me now and put me out of my misery" stare. Let's just say that I would have just stayed on the bathroom floor and slept there all night had the tile not been so cold.
Wednesday, May 28th - Nobody did anything at our house ... including us. We were both feeling better, but no where near normal. We were both very worn out and just held down the couch pretty much all day. It really was the strangest feeling. All of my muscles were just exhausted, but I hadn't done anything for 18 hours ... my neck, my quads, my forearms ... every muscle. And all of my nerves were hyper-sensitive, expecially the ones in my kidneys ... or that vacinity at least. Anyway, enough about that ... this is an illness I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies ... well, unless they were REALLY, REALLY bad ;)
That brings us to today ...
Thursday, May 29th - We both woke up feeling human again. Matt went to work. I went to ... nowhere ;) I attempted to rid the house of some of the 100s of lbs of dust before our house/dog sitters Jackie and Ryan arrive on Saturday. We got some trimwork done today
I know, I know, it looks patchwork ... because it's not painted silly!
Doors to the basement/dining room
Oh, and we also got dimmers ... ooooooo! The progress this week has not been overtly obvious (only hablas anglais from all of the contratoros).And this all brings me to "The Heavy Hitter" aka "The Kentucky Hammer" aka Darryl Isaacs. For those of you that aren't from the Kentuckiana area, there is a local injury lawyer named ... well, all of the names above. He has some awesomely cheesey commercials (those of you from Louisville, I know you're humming the song in your head right now ... "The Heavy Hitter is the way to go ...."). Check it out here ... click on "See our TV spots" to get the full effect. PS - Megan, if you ever decide to become an defense atty, specifically for auto and injury cases, you MUST get a cheesey nickname and commercials with low budget graphics ... you just gotta!
We were SUPPOSED to have our granite installed today, but SOMEBODY (Darryl!) is installing something like $150,000 worth of granite in their 30,000 sq. ft. mansion and some of it cracked when they were cutting it, so that bumped us to Saturday. What are the odds!!! Actually, probably pretty good considering there's $150,000 worth of granite ... that is a LOT of stone! That's like 30-40 times what's in our whole kitchen. And now we won't get to see it until we get back from vaca ... but Jacks and George will!! Thanks alot Hammer. So, I'd like to press charges against the HEAVY HITTER for hogging the granite cutters. I'd like to Kentucky Hammer him on the noggin'!
1 comment:
All I can say is STOP...... HAMMER TIME!!!
Post a Comment