They pulled up 3 layers of linoleum ... very loverly. You can see here the transition from the kitchen floor to the pantry/downstairs landing.
Of course we measured it ... we gained 1" of height ... yeah!! I don't think you can really read the yardstick in the pix, but trust me, it was ~1".
Here's looking into the kitchen from the bak porch. The new looking board in the middle of the floor was a precaution that the crew put down so that they would not fall thru the floor into the basement. Many years back some termites snacked on the floor and let's just say that the subfloor was not the most stable by itself. Good thing we had 3 layers of plywood and linoleum to hold it up :)
Here's another spot of not great subfloor. So needless to say, we are getting a new modern sub. I think it sounds like a great plan ... less likelihood for squeaks in the floor when you start new :) Speaking of which, since the ceiling is ripped out, Matt and I are going to map out the squeaks in our bedroom (which is right above the kitchen) and have them shim those up for us ... yeah!! Even less squeaks!

Who is that looking up from the basement??

Me :)
We stayed up late trying to decide some details on the cut thru to the dining room. There will be trim around the opening on both the kitchen and dining room sides ... and we have to decide if it ends at the coutertop or goes all the way to the floor. We made scale drawings of course :) If I had the energy I would can them in to show you ... but I don't :-P''
PS - Mom, we'll try to get more dog pictures for you. Right now, the plan is to keep the dog OUT of as many kitchen pictures as possible. Dog + construction site = not so good. I've got some good ones that I've not shown you from the snow, I'll try to get those up tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment